Administrative Assistant / Health and Safety Coordinator
• This is a part-time role for 30 hours per week
• Experienced in a similar role with strong administrative background
• Strong MS Office computer skills
E Hayes is one of New Zealand's oldest and most respected, independent and locally-owned retail hardware stores. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our successful team in a part-time position as Administrative Assistant / Health and Safety Coordinator
In this role you will report in the main to our Administration Manager and at various times directly to our General Manager. You will be responsible for providing and coordinating a wide variety of administration duties relevant to our store operation.
Job role and key responsibilities
- Supporting Human Resources to promote an environment of transparency, collaboration, respect, inclusion and integrity among our employees.
- Championing a Health and Safety culture while ensuring compliance to current Health and Safety legislation.
- Producing detailed system reports.
- Procurement of office supplies and other consumables.
- General administration tasks as required to achieve store goals.
This is a challenging, interesting and diverse role that will have you involved with everyone across the store, and give you the opportunity to make the most of your organisation, administrative and people skills.
For this position we are looking for someone who has:
- experience in a similar role with a strong administrative background
- some human resources and health and safety practices and processes experience
- strong MS Office computer skills
- a confident communication style with a natural ability to build and maintain working relationships with managers, team members and staff
- a desire to deliver excellence in all that you do
- unquestionable discretion and confidentiality
- excellent attention to detail and follow-through
- drive and enthusiasm
- ability to work autonomously, as well as in a team environment
- strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise your tasks and manage your workload effectively
- a friendly and caring manner
The hours for this role are part time at 30 hours per week and can be further discussed at interview stage.
If you are seeking a rewarding job opportunity, this could be the perfect role for you.
Applicants MUST have permanent work rights in New Zealand without restrictions
At E Hayes we pride ourselves on looking after our people, providing a rewarding, dynamic work environment with a great work culture where you can receive ongoing training, a uniform and great staff buying privileges. If you think you can deliver on what we are looking for, then please apply.
All applications should be made by sending a covering letter to our email address at:
APPLICATIONS CLOSE : 31 January 2022