Head of Retail Department : Outdoor Power Equipment
• Senior level, experienced in front-line sales and customer service
• Full-time position with one of New Zealand's most iconic retail destinations
• Working week will include at least one weekend day
This is an outstanding opportunity to elevate your career to the next level by joining one of New Zealand's most iconic and respected family-owned retail hardware stores. Right now we are looking for a full-time senior level salesperson and retail department head to join our Outdoor Power Equipment department in our busy Invercargill store, working hours determined by roster that will include one weekend day per week.
If you are a motivated and customer service driven salesperson, looking for the next logical step to reach the top of your game, you will already appreciate the opportunities that this role provides.
This is a demanding senior role that will see you overseeing the entire department, driving sales and promotional initiatives, dealing with suppliers for new products as well as providing exceptional front line customer service and staff support.
You will need a good understanding and working knowledge of leading-brand Outdoor Power Equipment including lawnmowers, chainsaws, hedge-trimmers, brush-cutters, small generators, pumps and more, although thorough training will be provided.
This role will require you to:
- Deal front line with customers in a busy retail-team environment
- Demonstrate a strong customer service driven sales approach
- Prepare and process all paperwork necessary to complete orders
- Maintain on time shipment of orders based on customer expectations
- Manage necessary levels of shop supplies
- Encourage, support and inspire department staff and lead by example.
You will need:
- Outstanding and proven sales skills
- Pride in your presentation and appearance
- A willingness to learn, expand and improve responsibilities and our workplace as a whole.
- An exceptional work ethic, energy and drive.
- A passion for customer satisfaction and retention
- Solid Communication skills - verbally and written
- Professional and personal integrity
- General Computer Skills
Applicants MUST have permanent work rights in New Zealand without restrictions
E Hayes are justifiably proud of our reputation as a responsible employer offering good remuneration and a safe working environment, in a friendly and supportive culture of personal and professional satisfaction and growth.
Applications close 28th October 2023
ALL APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE our Employment Application Form and include a covering letter along with your CV
These should be emailed to: email@example.com